sábado, 8 de setembro de 2018

LET ME BE: the first excerpt of the book is here




This is an exclusive excerpt of my new book Let me be. This text is part of Chapter 5 - Demons, wich tells the ongoing story after my coming out in the aftermath of a turbulent and toxic relationship. 

"March, 2011

It is weird, even annoying, that the only feeling capable of dragging you to the dark side is something as pure as love. Only the debris of such a noble feeling could be fertile ground for all the hatred that was now throbbing inside of me, deep down, in a place where I never thought I would go.
And I knew how that story would end. The story of a boy who looked for answers and hope in life’s dark side. I knew it was the wrong path and that at the end of it there was an opportunity for redemption. I knew it was possible to find balance again. I had seen that story from another point of view, across the stars. But in those moments when my eyes showed nothing but blinded hatred, when my words shattered the quiet silence, when my movements were brisk, strong, destructive; I knew that all of that was not me. It was the ultimate outcome of so much violence.
And, as I walked through, my steps echoed a song, it was the one of a being willing to do anything to destroy anyone who had dared to toss him into a deep, murky place. Those were chords that sent shivers down the spine, which could be heard from a distance, then near, then away and then near again, followed by voices that yelled fears, anguish, revenge.

After so much time, it seemed that the duel between my two beings had arrived. Light against darkness. I against I, no matter how much I tried to convince myself that, in that battle, there was someone else besides my own fractured being. It was as if, after years of inner and outer struggles, I was finally facing the major clash of my life. And I just could not forecast the future, nor had I any power that could warn me about it, but, later on, I realized that it was the moment when everything started to shape the biggest metamorphosis of my own Fate." 


Let me be will be published through Amazon worldwide in October. 

Sem comentários:

Enviar um comentário